The government has finally succeeded in implementing the GST. The historical Central hall, Parliament was chosen as the venue to launch the GST. The liver telecast of the entire proceeding was quite amazing. Therefore, on the occasion of country’s biggest tax reforms, TA brings you some of the noticeable quotes from the Modi’s speech on the occasion of GST’s launch.
1. It has been a timeline of fifteen years for the final implementation of GST.
2. Seventeen transaction taxes and twenty three cess from all the states and UTs have been removed.
3. Principle of equivalence has been used for bringing GST.
4. This result is fruit of not single party but of all those who’re present in the Central Hall, Parliament.
5. Central Hall of Parliament has been witness of important historical moments which includes implementation of the Constitution as well. Hence, the venue has been chosen to mark the day.
6. GST is the result of Cooperative Federalism.
7. There has been no change in facilities for poor which already existed before GST.
8. Rajya Ekikaran- Aarthik Ekikaran (One Nation-One Tax).
9. The new tax is a way to end tax terrorism.
10. GST is that catalyst which will balance the economy. It’s that catalyst which will improve export. Also, it’ll help those States which are not well developed.
11. It’s not only about ease of doing business but it’s also about way of doing business. It’s
not only about tax reform but economic and societal reforms too.
12. It is not Good and Services Tax but it is Gud (jaggery) and simple tax.
13. GST is tribute India’s democracy and its thinking.
14. GST gives level playing field to domestic industries.
Author: Utkarsha Shrivastava
You can reach author at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Utkarsha is a law student studying in UPES, Dehradun. She is also a content writer with TA. She carried live reporting for TA on social media forums on the occasion of launch of GST.